Restaurants and caterers :
there are many to choose from. Different styles, different budgets, some new ones, some that were but are not anymore, some disappeared from my list because the welcome "accueil" was not up to my
standards or because a better one opened nearby ...
This is a sample of my list...
I have a whole folder sorted by area or theme that I'll share upon arrival ; I can also make bookings for you.
In Argout and close surroundings, just a few. More upon arrival:
- 58 rue d'Argout excellent coffee, and one of the best carrot cakes in Paris, friendly atmopshere, can chat, read, check your emails... Matamata
- Want to taste crèpes ? French thin version of pancakes
try la crèpe dentelle
Le comptoir de la gastronomie rue Montmartre 2-3 mn walk excellent for foie gras, smoked fish all of Southwestern French
food. Smiling service. A must. They also offer a grocery section to take home...
- Frenchie rue du Nil : from word of mouth this little place has gained an International reputation and booking is not easy
(I can help).
The wine bar is open and no need to book.
They have opened a Frenchie to Go open for lunch with nice deli food.
a good fish restaurant La Marée Jeanne
- Not French but several Good Italians,
- If you are looking for some exotic flavors : there are a few good Thai restaurants in the area... in my folder, or discussion after booking
but also easy a Greek, a Kurde, and now some Canadian Poutines
Many sweet addresses to indulge ...
- Eclairs at Atelier de l'Eclair rue Bachaumont
at L'Eclair de Génie, rue Montmartre, rue des Petits Carreaux, and again at Fou de Pâtisserie rue
Place des Victoires, 5mn walk from home,
A great bistrot with excellent classic French food, served generously with a large smile.... A landmark you should not miss
Bourse area :
- La Bourse et la Vie by Daniel Rose (well known Spring) small, intimate, very friendly
welcome. Food is great, Prices are reasonable for the quality. Better book ahead. My favorite 2016 discovery. and still is in 2017
- a typical French Brasserie, very nice décor good food and average price for lunch : Le grand Colbert
- Les Lyonnais by Ducasse. Bistrot decor ; young , energetic, smiling team ;
- Coinstot Vino : large choice of Biodynamic small producers wine with plates of cold
meat, cheese or smoked fish or later real menu ( fish is good). Friendly team.
- Vaudeville beautiful Brasserie decor, food is good, follow their deals on
In the Passage you also have the choice for a 2 starred restaurant and a Non Gluten restaurant and bakery.
and more... upon request after booking...
- Versance : elegant, good food, professional service, a bit formal and expensive but
deserves a visit at least.
- going towards Palais Royal, excellent corsican food A Casaluna
- going towards Grands Boulevard
in rue du faubourg Montmartre 8-10- walk from Argout , you have - to try "Bouillon
Chartier" food is typical French brasserie style. Not gourmet but typical, landmark recipes, VERY cheap and it is a must visit for the experience and fun.
Of course there are so many… this is not an exhaustive list.
I have more recommendations for Right and Left Bank ( restaurants, famous pastry shops, spices, grocery..). I have a list of cafés
and Bistrots for almost daily meals and also those exceptional addresses, once in a lifetime experiences...
I will share everything with you after booking ...
I also have an "endless" list of gourmet places in the
neighborhood or further off in every Paris "village" where you can buy "la crème de la crème" of products, to bring back home and enjoy
relaxed after a long day of strolls in the City of Lights.