Restaurants and caterers :
there are many to choose from. Different styles, different budgets, some new ones, some that were but are not anymore, some disappeared from my list because the welcome "accueil" was not up to my
standards or because a better one opened nearby ...
This is a sample of my 2015 list...
I have a whole folder sorted by area or theme that I'll share upon arrival ; I can also make bookings for you.
In Argout :
- 69 rue d'Argout best of the Alps : cheeses, raw meat, smoked fish , wines, crozets,walnuts cream, groceries / can eat on site, buy and enjoy at home or have a sandwich made for you
La Maison de Savoie
- 58 rue d'Argout excellent coffee, and one of the best carrot cakes in Paris, friendly atmopshere, can chat, read, check your emails... Matamata
- Missing a good quality burger with quality French fries ? Ready to queue or wait till 1.45 to enjoy your lunch ? Go to Blend at
the end of the street.
- Want to taste crèpes ? French thin version of pancakes
try la crèpe dentelle
Le comptoir de la gastronomie rue Montmartre 2-3 mn walk excellent for foie gras, smoked fish all of Southwestern French
food. Smiling service. A must. They also offer a grocery section to take home...
- Frenchie rue du Nil : from word of mouth this little place has gained an International reputation and booking is not easy
(I can help).
The wine bar is open and no need to book.
They have opened a Frenchie to Go open for lunch with nice deli food.
- Not French but Good Italian, Small intimate place, smiling welcome, beautiful plates, great food. Only criticism : the noise. Ask them to tuen down radio and music.. Osteria Ruggera
- Another nice Italian lively and noisy ( Italian !) Little Italy rue Montorgueil. Nice antipasti and pasta dishes.
- For pizza lovers : same street same sidewalk : Il campionissimo the Pizza with a Ducasse stamp on it !!!!. The largest Pizza "à la
carte" menu I've ever seen. They also propose salads.
If you are looking for some exotic flavors : there are a few good Thai restaurants in the area... in my folder, or discussion after booking
Going towards Sentier top of rue des Petits Carreaux and then cross rue Réaumur. First street on you right
Rue Mandar, a good fish restaurant La Marée Jeanne
but also easy a Greek, a Kurde, a Vietnamese, A Thaï.
Many sweet addresses to indulge ...
- Eclairs at Atelier de l'Eclair rue Bachaumont
at L'Eclair de Génie, rue Montmartre, rue des Petits Carreaux, and again at Fou de Pâtisserie rue
Bourse area :
- La Bourse et la Vie by Daniel Rose (well known Spring) small, intimate, friendly welcome. Food
is great, Prices are reasonable for the quality. Loved my Pot-au-feu de veau with tête croustillante. Newly opened. Closed on weekends. Better book ahead. My favorite 2016 discovery.
- Les Lyonnais by Ducasse. Bistrot decor ; young , energetic, smiling team ; excellent meat
to cut with your fork, light desserts... don't miss it !
- Coinstot Vino : large choice of Biodynamic small producers wine with plates of cold
meat, cheese or smoked fish or later real menu ( fish is good). Friendly team.
- Terroir Parisien by Yannick Alleno Contemporary decor, bistrot trendy food, nice team
- Vaudeville beautiful Brasserie decor, food is good, follow their deals on
In the Passage you also have the choice for a 2 starred resturant and a Non Gluten restaurant and bakery.
and more... upon request after booking...
Versance : elegant, good food, professional service, a bit formal and expensive but deserves a
visit at least.
- going towards Palais Royal
vaulted decor, smiling service, excellent corsican food A Casaluna
- going towards Grands Boulevards
Near place des Victoires a typical French Brasserie, very nice décor good food and average price for lunch : Le grand Colbert
in rue du faubourg Montmartre 8-10- walk from Argout , you have - to try "Bouillon
Chartier" food is typical French brasserie style. Not gourmet but typical, landmark recipes, VERY cheap and it is a must visit for the experience and fun.
Of course there are so many… this is not an exhaustive list.
I have more recommendations for Right and Left Bank ( restaurants, famous pastry shops, spices, grocery..). I have a list of cafés
and Bistrots for almost daily meals and also those exceptional addresses, once in a lifetime experiences...
I will share everything with you after booking ...
I also have an "endless" list of gourmet places in the
neighborhood or further off in every Paris "village" where you can buy "la crème de la crème" of products, to bring back home and enjoy
relaxed after a long day of strolls in the City of Lights.